mm Mission Possible: Flip Flops Can Save a Life

Mission Possible: Flip Flops Can Save a Life

Feb 4, 2015 AT 16:53 PM | BY PopnBuzz
ADVERTISEMENT
(Photo credit: Wonderopolis)
(Photo credit: Wonderopolis)

Jennifer Lyons almost got electrocuted when there was a lightening hitting her satellite dish located on the top part of her house roof. The strike itself was 30,000 volts and when hit it caused plugs to get out from the wall and all the litter left behind scattered around. Jennifer was pushed down by the bolt power. Eventually, she saved her skin. To be correct, it were her flip flops she has to thank for saving her life.The house was on fire, but Jennifer that works as a nurse, escaped the house with only a small head injury thanks to her rubber flip flops. Due to their rubber material they cannot conduct electricity so her other body parts were saved.

In normal circumstances you are safe in house while lightening. But it seems like the guilty party is her phone, on which she was on during the lightning. The phone emits microwaves and maybe ‘invited’ the electricity.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT